Thursday 26 July 2012

The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan

I have decided to honour Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief with my first review!

Right, back to the review! You'll soon realize I get distracted quite easily, so bear with me guys, it'll be worth it! Or not. I don't know if you'll like it, really.

So, Percy Jackson.

Great book. GREAT book. I cannot describe the epicness of it. But you get the idea. For someone who luurves Greek Mythology like me (I'm even doing a 100 page thesis on it, out of CHOICE), it really couldn't be any better!

It relates the story of a young teenager, Percy Jackson, who discovers he is the demigod son of Poseidon, the Greek God of the sea. He has to go to Camp Half-Blood, a camp for young demigods, to be trained and learn how to use his powers. there he meets Grover, a satyr, which is basically a fancy name for a faun (a guy who's a goat from the waist down), and Annabeth, a good-looking daughter of Athena, the Greek goddess of knowledge. (Hint: Love interest, in case you didn't notice).

I can't be bothered to write the rest of the synopsis (if you're reading this, you really should have read the book, if not I really don't know what you're doing here...). Basically, lots of demigod butt-kicking action and everyone's happy. Until the next book, but that's not what this review is about.

If you haven't read it go and read it. Go now. I command you. It's got to be one of the best books I've read in a loong time. so yup, read it.

"Uncle Rick's" writing style leaves little to be desired, I really couldn't ask for more. The pace is racy, not too much description, which is awesome, and it's completely action-packed. It's not one of those moster 2 million page books in which the author spends 25 pages describing, like, a leaf or something. I hate those books. Hate them with every fiber of my being. You pick this book up, get through the whole thing in one evening and sprint, and I mean sprint, to the bookstore to buy the sequel.

Get it, read it, you'll love it. Send me your comments on the books at ficlov@hotmail.com, and I'll do my best to reply to all of them!

Happy reading,

JRD.

2 comments:

  1. I recently read this book for the first time and I absolutely love it! I'm really excited to read the rest of the series.

    Welcome to book blogging, by the way. :)You have good content, and I wish you the best of luck with your blog!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll do my best to review the rest of the series as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete