Sunday 11 November 2012

Best quotes of YA fiction

Well, as you might have noticed, I'm pretty bored today, and so I've had time to do two posts!  Yay. Okay, well, this post is basically just a list of some of the best quotes in YA fiction that I've had the pleasure of coming across. Yep, not much more to say. Let's begin.

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

-J.R.R Tolkein, The Fellowship of the Ring.


 “We accept the love we think we deserve.” 

-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


 “It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends.”

 -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.


“Not everything is about you," Clary said furiously.
"Possibly," Jace said, "but you do have to admit that the majority of things are.”



-Cassandra Clare, City of Glass.


“Not my daughter, you bitch!” 

-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  (THIS ONE IS THE MOST BESTEST ONE EVAH).



“Basically, I have two speeds.... Hostile or smart-aleck. Your choice.”


-James Patterson, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports


“Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!”  

-Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay



I know, there's millions more, but I think I'm going to make this into a regular thing. Yep, once a week I'm going to write a post about cool quotes I come across. Feel free to tweet me some or whatever. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Happy reading,

JRD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment