Thursday 1 November 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 begins!

Okay guys, I don't know if you know this but every year there's this writing competition called National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), in which you have to complete a 50,000 word novel in a month (november). Anyway, I'm doing it this year and so posts this month will be slightly difficult to do. I'll try my best to get some done, but don't hold your breath.

The thing is, between school and NaNo, I'm going to go into house arrest and I'm going to spend most of my waking hours writing. If you're reading this and enjoy writing, you should enter! It's a lot of work and stress, but when you finish you're like "OH YES I AM A WRITING GOD. RANDOM PENGUIN HOUSE BETTER TAKE ON MY BOOK, LIKE, NOW." I've only just started, but I went on a crazy writing spree earlier today and have written 2,000 words, because that's just how I roll.

My book's basically YA paranormal/fantasy, starting off similar to a 21st century Oliver Twist  and then goes all weird. I won't specify any more because, to be honest, I haven't really decided where I'm going with it yet. I'm not one to write plans or story lines, I just start writing and see where it goes. My English teacher hates that. Anyway, yeah, that's pretty much it!

Oh! By the way, add me as your buddy! I'm Jai_RD.

Happy writing,

JRD.




1 comment:

  1. "OH YES I AM A WRITING GOD. RANDOM PENGUIN HOUSE BETTER TAKE ON MY BOOK, LIKE, NOW."
    Hahahaha this is so freaking accurate.
    Also, I have no idea where my book is going either! I'm just making stuff up as I go along. :D
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete